Projects:Invasive Species Project
From our experience of working closely with local communities, we have established a project which deals with problematic species such as Japanese Knotweed (Fallopia spp.), Traveller’s Joy (Clematis vitalba), Cherry Laurel (Prunus laurocerasus) and Winter Heliotrope (Petasites fragrans).
The objectives of our Invasive Species Project are:
- To identify a means of managing Invasive Species that looks at the entire picture and integrates all those involved i.e. Local Authority, businesses, community groups, residents, etc.
- To prevent further spread
- To raise awareness and educate
- To identify the best and most effective methods of treatment
- To treat in line with environmental regulations such as the Sustainable Use Directive
Help us record invasive species
If you’ve seen an invasive species, please follow this link to submit a record of your sighting to our Citizen Science Portal.